• It is only possible to move between regions for urgent reasons (health, work and study).
• As of 7 January 2021, entry into South Tyrol for tourism purposes
is only possible for persons who are permanent residents of one of the EU member states and Switzerland (list C countries
) . Upon entry, the person entering must:
- Be in possession of a certificate of a negative Covid-19 test
(molecular or antigen test) performed within 48 hours prior to entry;
- Report to the local department of medical services
/prevention upon arrival available at this link
. Alternatively, contact these services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by dialling +39 0471 435 700 from 8 am to 8 pm. The following information must be provided: name, date of birth, telephone number, date of entry and the country from which the entry is made.
- When being checked, a self-declaration
must be presented.
- When returning from South Tyrol to their respective home country, guests must also observe the entry requirements applicable in their respective home country as applicable to a return trip from Italy.
• Regional and long-distance trains as well as long-distance buses are running between South Tyrol and Austria. For detailed information on the timetables please contact the relevant service provider.
• For journeys in private cars, the minimum distance of one metre does not need to be maintained, provided all passengers are wearing a face mask. If all persons in the vehicle are from the same household, they are not required to wear a face mask.
Answers to all important questions for your next holiday in South Tyrol can be found here.