Of demotic power is the church of St. Leonhard. Leonhard, the patron saint of cattle and prisoners, is commemorated by the heavy chain that winds one and a half times around the entire church. Consecrated in 1194, the church was redesigned around 1430 and baroque in the 18th century. The rich ceiling stucco from Franz Singer's workshop (around 1770) is a reminder of the Baroque and the creative joy of master builder Tangl. More recent history is evoked by the frescoes by Toni Kirchmair (around 11920), which interpret St. Leonhard as the patron saint of prisoners and fallen soldiers of the First World War.