Brixen Water Light Festival
Local and international artists transform fountains and cultural-historical treasures into an open-air gallery with their creative ideas. Reflections on ecological, economic and social aspects related to water and light are the basis of the artistic works. Under the motto "Water is life - light is art", an art trail is being created in Brixen's old town.
The Brixen Water Light Festival takes place annually in May. The idea for the festival was born in 2015 after the premiere of the light and music show at the Hofburg in Brixen. The first edition of the festival was held in May 2017.
Art, light and water and a head full of dreams and thoughts. Being free and letting oneself fall, floating on the surface of the water, submerging, and carrying the light within. Being critical and playful, a rollercoaster of emotions. Screaming, standing still, having fun, seeing the world. And figure it out?
The Water Light Festival in Neustift takes place until 29 June 2024 on the premises of Neustift Monastery.
Spring in Brixen
Nature, culture and indulgence: That's why a trip to Brixen in spring is a good idea...
- Enjoy the early warm temperatures with an average of 22°C
- Discover the spring blossom in the vineyards and on promenades around Bressanone/Brixen
- Stroll from village to village and enjoy springtime dishes with Alpine traditions and Mediterranean flavours in the inns and restaurants
- Stroll through the cosy alleyways of the old town with its small shops and treat yourself to a cappuccino or ice cream in one of the many cafés
- Immerse yourself in the Water Light Festival, where international artists present their light art.
from national and international artists
Brixen & Neustift
Sustainable use of water, mindfulness for nature